3. STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS
3.1 The inspector shall:
- inspect structural components including the foundation and framing.
- the methods used to inspect under-floor crawlspaces and attics.
- the foundation.
- the floor structure.
- the wall structure.
- the ceiling structure.
- the roof structure.
3.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
- provide engineering or architectural services or analysis.
- offer an opinion about the adequacy of structural systems and components.
- enter under-floor crawlspace areas that have less than 24 inches of vertical clearance between components and the ground or that have an access opening smaller than 16 inches by 24 inches.
- traverse attic load-bearing components that are concealed by insulation or by other materials.