8.1 The Inspector shall:
- Open readily openable access panels.
- Installed heating equipment.
- Vent systems, flues, and chimneys.
- Distribution systems.
- Energy source(s).
- Heating systems.
8.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
- Interiors of vent systems, flues, and chimneys that are not readily accessible.
- Heat exchangers.
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
- Electric air cleaning and sanitizing devices.
- Heating systems using ground-source, water-source, solar, and renewable energy technologies.
- Heat-recovery and similar whole-house mechanical ventilation systems.
- Heat supply adequacy and distribution balance.
- The adequacy of combustion air components.