8.1 The inspector shall:
- open readily openable access panels.
- installed heating equipment.
- vent systems, flues, and chimneys.
- distribution systems.
- energy source(s).
- heating systems.
8.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
- interiors of vent systems, flues, and chimneys that are not readily accessible.
- heat exchangers.
- humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
- electric air cleaning and sanitizing devices.
- heating systems using ground-source, water-source, solar, and renewable energy technologies.
- heat-recovery and similar whole-house mechanical ventilation systems.
- heat supply adequacy and distribution balance.
- the adequacy of combustion air components.