Fireplace and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
12. FIREPLACES AND FUEL-BURNING APPLIANCES
12.1 The inspector shall:
- Fuel-burning fireplaces, stoves, and fireplace inserts.
- Fuel-burning accessories installed in fireplaces.>
- Chimneys and vent systems.
- Describe systems and components listed in 12.1.A.1 and .2.
12.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
- interiors of vent systems, flues, and chimneys that are not readily accessible.
- Fire screens and doors.
- Seals and gaskets.
- Automatic fuel feed devices.
- Mantles and fireplace surround.
- Combustion air components and to determine their adequacy.
- Heat distribution assists (gravity fed and fan assisted).
- Fuel-burning fireplaces and appliances located outside the inspected structures.
- Determine draft characteristics.
- Move fireplace inserts and stoves or firebox contents.