Fireplace and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
12. FIREPLACES AND FUEL-BURNING APPLIANCES
12.1 The inspector shall:
- fuel-burning fireplaces, stoves, and fireplace inserts.
- fuel-burning accessories installed in fireplaces.>
- chimneys and vent systems.
- describe systems and components listed in 12.1.A.1 and .2.
12.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
- interiors of vent systems, flues, and chimneys that are not readily accessible.
- fire screens and doors.
- seals and gaskets.
- automatic fuel feed devices.
- mantles and fireplace surrounds.
- combustion air components and to determine their adequacy.
- heat distribution assists (gravity fed and fan assisted).
- fuel-burning fireplaces and appliances located outside the inspected structures.
- determine draft characteristics.
- move fireplace inserts and stoves or firebox contents.