Hurricane Lane – Helpful Tips After The Storm – From National Building ExpertOriginally published by NBC Right Now
President Trump recently issued a disaster declaration authorizing the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA to coordinate disaster relief efforts for the state of Hawaii. Now that the hurricane has passed, follow helpful tips for “safety after the storm” from National Building Expert Lance Luke.
Honolulu, United States – August 26, 2018 /PressCable/ —
President Trump recently issued a disaster declaration authorizing the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA to coordinate disaster relief efforts for the state of Hawaii.
Hundreds of thousands of Hawaii residents and visitors had to shelter in place with nowhere to go. Unlike Florida or Texas states, where residents can get in their vehicles and drive hundreds of miles to safety, the people of Hawaii were confined to the islands with no cross-country escape route.
Now that the hurricane has passed, here are some helpful tips for “safety after the storm” provided by National Building Expert Lance Luke.
1. Look around the property for fallen bushes and trees, sunken ground, ponding water, debris and things out of place.
2. Check out the roof for any missing, loose or cracked roofing shingles, bent or loose flashing and gutters.
3. Empty water from containers, as flower pots or empty containers with water attract mosquitoes.
4. Check for any hanging or downed electrical lines. Do not touch the wires. Call 911 immediately and tell them the situation.
5. Check out the house foundation, siding, doors, and windows for any damage.
6. Consider hiring a professional home inspector or general contractor to inspect the property for damage.
7. Use a camera and take photos/videos as they may be needed for insurance purposes.
8. Be aware of standing water inside the home as there may be a risk of waterborne bacterial contaminants. Water may also cause damage to electrical wiring and contribute to mold growth in drywall and building components made of wood such as cabinets and wood laminate flooring.
National Building Expert Lance Luke was a contributor of a book titled “Repairing Your Flooded Home”. This publication was jointly published by FEMA and the American Red Cross. Go to the link above for a free download.
Lance Luke is a two-time Best Selling Author, a National Building and Safety Expert and a Construction Engineer. He can be reached through his websites www.hawaiibuildingexpert.com, www.lanceluke.com and email@example.com.
Name: Lance Luke
Organization: Construction Management Inspection LLC
Address: 820 West Hind Drive Suite 240275, Honolulu, HI 96824, United States
For more information, please visit http://www.hawaiibuildingexpert.com
Date : 8/26/2018