This is a report to the membership of the official actions taken during the Board of Directors meeting held October 22, 2011, in Rosement, Ill. These are not the official meeting minutes, as discussion items and withdrawn and failed motions are not included. The official minutes of this meeting will be presented for Board approval at its next meeting, January 4, 2012, in Phoenix, Ariz.
We encourage you to review this report in order to be fully informed of actions taken on your behalf by the ASHI Board. Should you have questions about these items, you are encouraged to contact any member of the Board of Directors to discuss. (Note: Contact information for the Board is available in every issue of the ASHI Reporter, and in the Online Membership Directory.)
Minutes and Consent Agenda approved
The president-elect appointed and the Board approved the following committee chairs for 2012:
Bylaws – Frank Lesh
Chapter Relations – Dave Haught
CACC – Manass Hochstetler
CEPP – Jim Yaskewicz
IW Education – Rod Beacham
Elections – Larry Hoyt
Ethics – Jamison Brown
Finance – Elected Treasurer
Legislative – George Harper &
Member Value – Dave Sherwood
Membership – Scott Patterson
Officer Nominating – Kurt Salomon
Public Relations – Stan Garnet
Standards – Bruce Barker
Technical Review – Jim Katen
The president-elect also appointed Brendan Ryan to the Certification Committee.
As a result of the work within the committees and staff, the following motions were presented and approved:
• The 2011-12 budget as presented.
• The name of the previously approved standing Marketing Committee was changed to the ASHI Member Value Committee. The focus of this new committee will be in areas of member and chapter development, public relations, marketing and promotion of ASHI and its members as approved and directed by the board.
• The Membership Committee will continue to address membership categories in the timeline presented.
• The Finance Committee will negotiate and implement contracts and royalty fees regarding the re-sale of ASHI's Intellectual Property.
• Two new insurance member benefit programs were accepted
– AFLAC and Long-Term Care through Mutual of Omaha (details to follow in December).
• The following changes were made to the policy covering the election of officers:
Headquarters will announce the officer nominating committee slate within five days after its selection and inform the membership, as follows:
Any qualified member wishing to run as a petition candidate for an officer position must do the following:
1. Obtain official petition forms from headquarters; and
2. Complete a matrix obtained from headquarters; and
3. Submit the petitions and the completed matrix to headquarters by October 21.