After finalizing their new committees and participating in a narrated Web session, 2006 Committee chairs are attending the ASHI Board of Directors meeting in Fort Lauderdale to help complete the work plan for the new year.
It's important for chapters to be represented at the one council meeting for the year, which is scheduled in conjunction with InspectionWorld to make it convenient for elected representatives or their designated voting alternates to attend. This year, the representatives are meeting January 10 in Fort Lauderdale.
Thank you, leaders
The Leadership Reception, January 13 in Fort Lauderdale, is ASHI's way of saying thank you to the volunteer leaders who give so generously of their time throughout the year.
InspectPAC supporters party
The inaugural ASHI InspectPAC Fundraising Reception, January 12 in Fort Lauderdale, was planned for those who had previously authorized ASHI to solicit donations from them for the Political Action Committee. With top-shelf liquor, incredible food and a raffle for a travel package to next year's InspectionWorld in Anaheim, Calif., valued at over $5,000, ASHI InspectPAC supporters are attending a one-of-a-kind event.
Special for Candidates
Candidates are invited to visit the ASHI booth to talk to ASHI Verifier Sherman Price about the report verification process, and to sign up for a time slot to receive a quick spot-check of a report.
ASHI Candidates surveyed
As part of its work plan, the Membership Committee initiated a survey of ASHI Candidates. Several other committees and work groups contributed to the final product, which was distributed in December. The results will be used to improve the Candidate experience.
Phone calls fuel renewals
Leaders, thank you for contacting Members and Candidates who had not renewed their membership. Thanks to the combined efforts from HQ and the leadership, as of 11/29/05, the membership numbers are as follows:
- Members: 3,562
- Candidates with Logo Use: 189
- Candidates: 2,408
- Retired Members: 93
- Affiliate Members: 93
- TOTAL ASHI MEMBERSHIP: 6,345
MRCs available through chapter seminars
Chapter seminars offer the ASHI Membership a convenient way to earn required MRCs. To see a current list, click here.
ASHI Calendar of Events
- Jan. 10, 2006, ASHI Council of Representatives Meeting, 1-6 p.m., Atlantic Ballroom at the Marina Marriott, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Jan. 11, 2006, ASHI Board Meeting, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Atlantic Ballroom at the Marina Marriott, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Jan. 11-14, 2006, InspectionWorld, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- January 12, 2006, InspectPAC fundraiser, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- April 7-8, 2006, Board Orientation and Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- July 14-15, 2006, Town Hall Gathering and Board Meeting, Portland, Ore.
- October 19-20, 2006, Chapter Leadership Days, Rosemont, Ill.
- October 21, 2006, Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- January 10, 2007, Board Meeting, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
- April 13-14, 2007, Board Orientation and Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- July 13-14, 2007, Town Hall Gathering and Board Meeting, TBD
- October 19-20, 2007, Chapter Leaders Days and Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.