The publication is titled “Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home” and can be found on their Web site at www.epa.gov/iaq/molds/moldguide.html It will also be available soon in a downloadable PDF format.
The contents of the publication cover the following topics:
- Mold basics
- Why is mold growing in my home?
- Can mold cause health problems?
- How do I get rid of mold?
- Mold cleanup
- Who should do the cleanup?
- Mold cleanup guidelines
- What to wear when cleaning moldy areas
- How do I know when the remediation or cleanup is finished?
- Moisture and mold prevention and control tips
- Actions that will help to reduce humidity
- Actions that will help prevent condensation
- Testing or sampling for mold
- Hidden mold
- Cleanup and biocides