When the Board of Directors met in New Orleans in January, it directed the staff, legal counsel, Council of Representatives and appropriate committees to move forward with the ASHI Inspection Brand by working to formalize the following elements of the project.
1. Adherence to the ASHI Standards of Practice
2. Adherence to the ASHI Code of Ethics
3. Adherence to the full Member requirements
4. Guarantee of the Home Inspection
5. Enforcement of the program by ASHI
6. Use of an ASHI Inspection SealMRC carryover approved
The Board amended Membership Renewal Credit (MRC) requirements to allow no more than 10 MRCs to be credited to the following year on an annual basis. This policy will become effective with the next dues notification, and should be communicated via “First Thing” and the Reporter in advance of the dues mailing. See the Education Committee’s annual report in this issue for the rationale behind the change. Electronic or paper… do you want this voting option in the future?
The Board of Directors approved an addition to the Bylaws to Article 9.5 to allow for electronic voting. Members will receive a ballot in the mail to vote for or against the necessary change to the Bylaws.