ASHI elects leaders for 2006December 5, 2005, voting closed on who would serve as ASHI’s officers and directors for 2006. Meet the new officers and directors at InspectionWorld in Fort Lauderdale and in next month’s Reporter.
The candidates for officers were as follows:
President-Elect - Frank Lesh
Vice President - Charles Bellefontaine; William Richardson
Secretary - Brion Grant
Treasurer - David Goldstein; David Tamny
Each year, one-third of ASHI’s Directors finish their three-year terms on the Board and five new Directors are chosen by the Council of Representatives to take their place. Candidates for the position must be Council Representatives.
The following Representatives were candidates for the three-year terms beginning in 2006:
Andrew J. Kasznay, Jr.
Robert B. Pyne
The sixth-highest vote getter serves a one-year term as the alternate director. The remaining candidates will be in line as alternates should another alternate be needed.
InspectionWorld Fort Lauderdale update
For those who have asked about possible damage from Hurricane Wilma to InspectionWorld sites, ASHI Conference Planner Angela Orlando is pleased to report there was only minor roof damage to the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center, and her contacts in Fort Lauderdale assure her that storm damage throughout the city already is being cleaned up. InspectionWorld should go off as planned. She continues to monitor the cleanup process.
Would you like to help confirm state approval for IW educational sessions in the following states:
Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee or Wisconsin?
If you have connections in your state, please contact Jim Jones (email@example.com) to receive the materials you need to present for confirmation.
Help with membership renewals
The final dues notice for this year was mailed November 1. Chapter presidents received the names of those from their chapters who had not renewed. ASHI leaders are asked to remind those who have not renewed about the value of ASHI Membership.
Membership as of November 15, 2005:
Candidates with Logo Use: 189
Retired Members: 91
Affiliate Members: 93
TOTAL ASHI MEMBERSHIP: 6,294
Membership growth is coming to ASHI
At the October Board of Directors Meeting, ASHI Membership & Marketing Director Anthony Snyder reported a 3.6 percent growth in membership for ASHI over last year at this time. He cited increased contact with the membership, greater exposure for ASHI through The ASHI Experience consumer branding campaign and more emphasis on marketing to non-aligned inspectors. For the full story, visit Latest News on the Membership Extranet, www.ashi.org.
ASHI Calendar of events
Please note: Committee Chair Workshop will not take place in Chicago in December. Committee chairs will participate in the January Board of Directors planning session in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Jan. 10, 2006, ASHI Council of Representatives Meeting, 1-6 pm Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Jan. 11, 2006, ASHI Board Meeting, with committee chairs attending, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Jan. 11-14, 2006, InspectionWorld Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• April 7-8, 2006, Board Orientation and Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
• July 14-15, 2006, Town Hall Gathering and Board Meeting, Portland, Ore.
• October 19-20, 2006, Chapter Leadership Days, Rosemont, Ill.
• October 21, 2006, Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
• January 10, 2007, Board Meeting, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• April 13-14, 2007, Board Orientation and Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
• July 13-14, 2007, Town Hall Gathering and Board Meeting, TBD
• October 19-20, 2007, Chapter Leadership Days and Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.