- Purpose & Scope
- Structural System
- Roof System
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Heating System
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Fireplaces and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
- General Limitations and Exclusions
- Glossary of Italicized Terms
10.1 The inspector shall inspect:
- walls, ceilings, and floors.
- steps, stairways, and railings.
- countertops and a representative number of installed cabinets.
- a representative number of doors and windows.
- garage vehicle doors and garage vehicle door operators.
- installed ovens, ranges, surface cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashing machines, and food
waste grinders by using normal operating controls to activate the primary function.
10.2 The inspector is NOT required to inspect:
- paint, wallpaper, and other finish treatments.
- floor coverings.
- window treatments.
- coatings on and the hermetic seals between panes of window glass.
- central vacuum systems.
- recreational facilities.
- installed and free-standing kitchen and laundry appliances not listed in Section 10.1.F.
- appliance thermostats including their calibration, adequacy of heating elements, self cleaning oven cycles,
indicator lights, door seals, timers, clocks, timed features, and other specialized features of the
- operate, or confirm the operation of every control and feature of an inspected appliance.