- Purpose & Scope
- Structural System
- Roof System
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Heating System
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Fireplaces and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
- General Limitations and Exclusions
- Glossary of Italicized Terms
4.1 The inspector shall:
1. wall coverings, flashing, and trim.
2. exterior doors.
3. attached and adjacent decks, balconies, stoops, steps, porches, and their associated railings.
4. eaves, soffits, and fascias where accessible from the ground level.
5. vegetation, grading, surface drainage, and retaining walls that are likely to adversely affect the building.
6. adjacent and entryway walkways, patios, and driveways.
B. describe wall coverings.
4.2 The inspector is NOT required to inspect:
A. screening, shutters, awnings, and similar seasonal accessories.
B. fences, boundary walls, and similar structures.
C. geological and soil conditions.
D. recreational facilities.
E. outbuildings other than garages and carports.
F. seawalls, break-walls, and docks.
G. erosion control and earth stabilization measures.