- Purpose & Scope
- Structural System
- Roof System
- Plumbing System
- Electrical System
- Heating System
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Fireplaces and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
- General Limitations and Exclusions
- Glossary of Italicized Terms
7.1 The inspector shall:
1. service drop.
2. service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways.
3. service equipment and main disconnects.
4. service grounding.
5. interior components of service panels and subpanels.
7. overcurrent protection devices.
8. a representative number of installed lighting fixtures, switches, and receptacles.
9. ground fault circuit interrupters and arc fault circuit interrupters.
1. amperage rating of the service.
2. location of main disconnect(s) and subpanels.
3. presence or absence of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.
4. the predominant branch circuit wiring method.
7.2 The inspector is NOT required to:
1. remote control devices.
2. or test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, security systems, and other signaling and warning devices.
3. low voltage wiring systems and components.
4. ancillary wiring systems and components not a part of the primary electrical power distribution system.
5. solar, geothermal, wind, and other renewable energy systems.
B. measure amperage, voltage, and impedance.
C. determine the age and type of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms