Was it worth the wait? Ask the nearly 500 ASHI Members who signed up when it was launched at InspectionWorld. Or see for yourself.
Visit the new ASHI Web site at www.ashi.org. All ASHI inspectors, including Candidates, can browse all areas of the Web site until April 1. In addition, ASHI Members and C2 Candidates who have paid their branding fee can download ASHI
Experience print ads and radio spots from The ASHI Experience area.
An e-mail with helpful tips and instructions on how to access and best use the site was sent to the entire membership in February.
The additional dues billing to participate in The ASHI Experience has been mailed with information on participation. All Members and C2 Candidates will need to pay $250, and all C1 Candidates will need to pay $50. The deadline to pay the additional dues is April 1, 2004. After this date, the Board has decided to place those who have not paid on administrative suspension for nonpayment of dues. Everyone is encouraged to carefully review the materials received in the mail, and to quickly renew dues to avoid unnecessary delays.
Ambassadors ready to carry the message
ASHI Experience ambassadors continue to deliver The ASHI Experience presentation countrywide. In addition, HQ will be working with chapters to organize regional meetings so that everyone has the opportunity to take full advantage of the brand. To arrange for a presentation or to get involved in the regional plans, contact Bob at HQ (email@example.com).
InspectionWorld huge success
Initial feedback from InspectionWorld 2004 indicates that the event was a huge success! More than 1,300
people gathered in Albuquerque for three days of networking, education and an overall good time. The show will be recapped in upcoming editions of the Reporter, but for now, here are a few points of interest:
- Interested in seeing if our photographer caught you in Albuquerque? Check out (and order) pictures at www.tombrahlphoto.com
- Conference audio tapes (and CDs, too) are available for purchase at www.allstartapes.com.
- MRC certificates for 20 credits were sent to full conference attendees. Those who attended one or two days received prorated MRCs.
Because the elected Treasurer for 2004 chose not to be installed, the election process for that office will be repeated. Keith Ruehl remains a Member of the Society, but has decided not to hold office this year. The Officer Nominating Committee began the process this month.
Chapter Presidents: Chapter reports requested
Let the Society know what your chapter has accomplished this year by submitting a chapter report for the ASHI Reporter. Describe the highlight of the year, list the 2003 officers in 300 words or less, and e-mail the MS Word document to Sandyb@ashi.org by Thursday March 15, 2004, to ensure your chapter is recognized in print.
New catalog features new ASHI products
Watch your mailbox for a special catalogue—one picturing all your favorite ASHI products, plus new ones that are sure to become favorites. Soon, you’ll be able to order from the ASHI store online.
ASHI calendar of events
• April 16-17, 2004, Board Orientation and meeting, Chicago, Ill.
• July 16-17, 2004, Town Hall Gathering and Board meeting Atlanta, Ga.
• October 22-23, 2004, Chapter Leadership Day and Board meeting Chicago, Ill.
• December 11, 2004, Committee Leadership Workshop, Chicago, Ill. (tentative)
• January 12. 2005, Board meeting Austin, Texas
• January 13-15, 2005, InspectionWorld, Austin, Texas