The Public Relations Committee, under the guidance of its chair, Stan Garnet, has identified social media as the primary vehicle for promoting ASHI. All members are encouraged to support this initiative by "liking" ASHI's Facebook fan page
and retweeting ASHI's tweets
Visit Facebook and Twitter by using the icons on www.ashi.org
Found on the ASHI Facebook Fan Page
• Michael Collins-Smythe DOE and weatherization program
• Lawmaker Targets DOE's Weatherization Program – Fine Homebuilding
• It's all part of Representative Chuck Fleischmann's campaign to stop "green initiative abuse"
592 monthly active users
6 since last week
694 people like this; 10 since last week
43 wall posts or comments this week; 19 since last week
153 visits this week; up 27 since last week
ASHI Facebook Fan page report from a week last December. Join ASHI members who use social media to connect and to promote themselves and the society. Click on the icons on www.ashi.org.Tweet & Retweet
Members are promoting themselves and ASHI by retweeting ASHI's tweets. Visit ASHI Twitter by using the handy button on the ASHI home page, then join in. Let ASHI help you build your own social media presence.
Here's a sample of tweets from last month. You're invited to follow ashi_inspection and to retweet information of interest to your followers.
• ASHI is a Skilled Trades Partner for @RebldgTogthr's Tradesperson of the Year Award! Learn more and nominate a friend: ow.ly/7OSWc(This was retweeted by five followers.)
• Are you a #realtor? ASHI has information just for you! Learn how #home inspections can help you and your clients: ow.ly/7H6cm(This was retweeted by stangarnet and eight others.)
•"The gas company can't read the meter if they can't FIND it!" Photo submitted by ASHI home inspector: David... fb.me/13J64YdZu
•The @bbb_us blog explains how to hire a quality #home inspector and reminds us to use ASHI's Find an Inspector tool! ow.ly/7H4yL
29 Nov (This was retweeted by Goodspeedinspec and four others.)Did you hear it?
During the week of December 11, ASHI's 60-second audio news release aired nationally within Viewpoints, a weekly, half-hour nationally syndicated program reporting on consumer issues. With an average of 420 affiliate stations, the program delivers a reach that covers 86 percent of the United States. The radio spots were a small piece of a public relations program designed to educate the public on the value of a home inspection conducted by an ASHI member.