ASHI press releases picked up in 58 publications with a combined circulation of 5,812,986
, ASHI Member and host of “The Money Pit” radio show, appeared on Prime News Tonight, CNN Headline National news, February 24, 9-10 p.m., offering tips on making home improvements to increase the value of a home, and recommending the ASHI Web site as the place to go to find a home inspector. Estimated audience: 222,500.
On February 18, the “CNN Open House Tip of the Day” encouraged viewers to check out ASHI to find a reliable professional and suggested they visit www.ashi.org to use ASHI’s Find an Inspector.” The segment also mentioned ASHI’s membership requirements. Estimated audience: 523,000. The power of the press release
ASHI Member Larry McCalla
, Larry’s Home Inspection Services, Arlington, Tenn., said he wanted others to know he was doing his part to promote ASHI in Tennessee. McCalla was profiled, complete with a photo of him inspecting a home, in the business section of his local newspaper. He said the article, “Home inspector finds faults, but also gives buyers a lesson,” was a direct result of him sending the InspectionWorld attendee press release to his local paper.
Annual award winners were also provided with press releases to distribute locally. Special ASHI Award winner John Cranor
, Cranor Home Inspections, Glen Allen, Va., reports, “To my surprise, the city newspaper and a smaller community newspaper both have agreed to run the news release. Hopefully good for ASHI and for me!” Sean Gibbons
, Egal Home Inspections, Bay Village, Ohio, was identified as an ASHI Member and quoted in the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s
Real Estate section cover story.Releases reach 5 million plus in February
MS&L, ASHI’s public relations consultants, also had good news for February. Press releases were picked up in 58 publications with a combined circulation of 5,812,986. In addition, MS&L reported the following successful placements. The Home News Tribune
– MS&L arranged an interview between Joe Corsetto, ASHI president, and Greg Volpe, who had questions about New Jersey’s home inspection regulation changes. Result: Article ran in the newspaper. Detroit Free Press
– MS&L worked with Suzette Hackney and provided a stock photo of an ASHI Inspector inspecting a crawlspace for an upcoming article. Result: The article ran on February 17.Bucks County Courier Times
– MS&L spoke with Trish Birdie to confirm the 2003 statistics on the number of homes inspected for an article she is working on. MS&L also talked with her about the 2005 Business Operations Study. Result: Trish quoted both resources. The article ran on Feb. 26.
Tampa Bay Online – Verified information on ASHI membership to Victoria Lim, who was doing a story on “Inspecting Your Home Inspector” for the “8 On Your Side” segment of the Tampa Bay NBC affiliate. Result: ASHI Member Thomas Tafelski, Thomas Inspection Services, Largo, Fla., was used as an expert for the story, which also had an online reference page for ASHI (and other H.I. organizations’) membership requirements and a link to ASHI.org.MS&L promoting National Home Inspection Month in AprilMedia Alert
– “April is National Home Inspection Month” is being distributed as a media alert to home, real estate and consumer interest reporters at daily and community newspapers.Monthly Press Release
– News bureaus will receive a release highlighting ASHI’s 30th anniversary and Home Inspection Month. The release will be distributed to DNP, syndicated writers, freelancers, trades and targeted online distribution.
Share your success in promoting yourself and ASHI. Send news items to firstname.lastname@example.org.