I know you hear that a lot, and quite honestly, it is overused. But this time it applies! Why? Because we had one of the greatest lineups of speakers and activities of any in the past. ASHI’s Leadership Training Conference (LTC) was packed with top-draw speakers from all over the United States and Canada.
They covered meat-and-potatoes subjects including:
- Understanding and applying social media
- How to build team cooperation in your chapter
- What’s the Dark Net all about?
- What’s going on with ASHI, from the President
- Mentoring and coaching skills for newbies (who will be the future of this profession, if this profession is to survive)
- Understanding your thoughts and emotions, which can make you a better, more successful inspector and human being
- What the Council of Representatives (CoR) is all about
- Organizing killer educational programs
- Asking about and discussing legal situations and issues with an attorney who specializes in defending and guiding home inspectors
Did I mention the camaraderie, the food, the great weather in Chicago, the vendors and the fact that ASHI was giving away great stuff? Where else but at the LTC can you get this kind of information, which you can use to encourage and enrich your chapter and yourself?