Karen Davis joined ASHI as the Receptionist /Membership & Marketing Assistant in October 2006. After eight years with Crate & Barrel, where she served as a receptionist, a financial associate and also a shift manager for the call center, she brought her customer service skills to ASHI’s front desk and is making good use of them helping the public and the ASHI membership when they contact HQ.
New Ethics Training Program available to chapters
In November, all chapter presidents received an e-mail announcing a first-of-its-kind training program developed specifically for the chapters by the ASHI Ethics Committee.
The program provides a template for chapters to use in presenting ethics education sessions for their members. It may be modified as necessary to meet the varying dynamics of individual chapters. The intent is to provide a forum for ethics discussions to take place, allowing membership participation and encouraging individual evaluation of personal ethical positions as ideas are shared among peers. For more information, contact Michael Long, ASHI director of education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Chapter Survey
Keep your chapter in good standing by completing this simple, annual administrative task on time. The survey was distributed with the December “First Thing” electronic newsletter for ASHI leaders, and it is also available from Bob Kociolek, ASHI director of chapter relations and legislation. Contact him at email@example.com.
Electronic publication schedule
“First Thing,” the first of the month e-news publication for ASHI’s leadership, was not published in January. The next issue will be February 1, 2007.
The Inspector e-newsletters for Members/Candidates with logo use privileges and for Candidates were not published in December. Publication resumes in January 2007. Your suggestions for topics to be covered in either the Member/C2 newsletter or the Candidate newsletter are welcome. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASHI calendar of events
• Jan. 9, 2007, 1-7 p.m., Council of Representatives Meeting, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• Jan. 10, 2007, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Board Meeting, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• Jan. 10, 2007, PaRR/FEMA Training Course, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• Jan. 10-13, 2007, InspectionWorld California, Disneyland Hotel, Anaheim, Calif.
• Jan. 11, 2007, InspectPAC Reception, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• Jan. 12, 2007, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Annual Business Meeting, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• Jan. 12, 2007, Leadership Reception, Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.
• April 13-14, 2007, Board Orientation and Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
• July 13-14, 2007, Town Hall Gathering and Board Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Oct. 19-20, 2007, Chapter Leadership and Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
• Jan. 16, 2008, Board Meeting, New Orleans, La.