ASHI Membership has topped the 6,200 mark! The “voice of the profession” is turning up the volume on home inspection issues as it grows. All those who failed to pay their dues, were dropped from the Membership rolls on December 2, 2002, and will have to reapply if they choose to rejoin. The polls closed on December 5, 2002
The Web site for voting for ASHI’s Officers for 2003 closed December 5, 2002. Members with an e-mail address on file received a link to the Web site; others received paper ballots.
Paper ballots for voting on new ASHI Directors were mailed to all who serve on the Council of Representatives, also with a December 5th deadline for return to ASHI HQ. Chairs choose committees from responses to call for volunteers
Many who responded to the call for volunteers to serve on committees will soon hear from a Committee Chair. The Society depends on volunteers to be active in the governing process. Each year a Call for Volunteers is mailed to Members, and the Committee Chairs choose committee members from the returned forms at Committee Leadership Day in Chicago in December. ASHI is fortunate to have more volunteers than needed each year. Members are encouraged to keep volunteering. ASHI’s legislative ratings of interest to NAR®
“FRONT LINES: Who’s inspecting?” was the title of the article appearing in the November issue of NAR®’s monthly magazine, citing ASHI’s recent data on state home inspector regulations. The article also appeared on their Web site.Resource directory now available on ASHI.org
A resource directory with links to numerous technical Web sites of interest to home inspectors is now available on ashi.org. Check it out today.
Additional credit cards accepted
ASHI is pleased to announce that American Express and Discover credit cards are now accepted.ASHI calendar of events
• December 14, 2002, Committee Leadership Day, Chicago, Ill.
• January 14, 2003, 1 p.m., Council of Representatives meeting, Orlando, Fla.
• January 15, 2003, Board of Directors meeting, Orlando, Fla.
• January 15-18, 2003 InspectionWorld, Orlando, Fla.
• April 11-12, 2003, Board of Directors orientation and meeting, Chicago, Ill.
• July 18-20, 2003, Town hall gathering and Board of Directors meeting, Washington D.C.
• October 24-25, 2003, Chapter Leadership Day and Board of Directors meeting, Chicago, Ill.
• January 14, 2004, Board of Directors meeting, Albuquerque, N.M.