ASHI members are eligible for so many benefits, many of which are easily accessible online! If you haven’t tried the benefits listed below, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss the chance to get ahead by leveraging all of these great resources.
1. Network. ASHI has an online forum that allows you to connect with others on your schedule. Taking part in this online community can be a great asset to you because you can ask technical questions or just post unusual things you come across in the field and find out how others would report on them.
2. Update your business profile in real time. Via the ASHI website, you can easily update your business profile on your own at any time. Now that so many businesses have a website and a social media presence, it’s a necessity for members to be aware how easy it is to increase their own Internet presence by using ASHI’s online resources.
3. Promote your business. Engaging with an online community allows members to promote the additional services they provide in their business and potentially receive more financial gain with each inspection. Consider achieving the needed expertise to offer and perform mold, radon, termite and other add-on services to increase your bottom line per inspection.
4. Educate yourself. With more than 90 modules available to members on the ASHI website, you can keep sharp and stay knowledgeable about all aspects of home inspection. Don’t let your competitors outlearn you. Log on to the ASHI website, put the mouse on the Education tab, click on the Online Learning Center and start learning, reviewing or updating your knowledge now!
5. Consider expanding your business to include commercial inspections. Adding commercial inspections to your realm of expertise can become a great source of extra income. Go to The ASHI School website at www.theashischool.com to find out when and where the next commercial training course near you will be held.
6. Distribute survey cards to your clients. Are you giving each of your clients a survey card after the inspection? You should! ASHI provides survey cards for you that allow your clients to assess and describe how you performed the inspection. Then, each quarter, ASHI holds a raffle for all those who completed a survey during those three months. One of your clients could be a winner of a $250 Home Depot gift card. In addition, if it is your client who is selected as the winner that quarter, you also will receive a $50 Visa gift card!
7. Promote ASHI along with your business. Be sure to tell your client that ASHI is the only association for home inspectors that has a third-party accredited certification by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies. Your membership in ASHI as the leading professional organization for home inspectors is a positive selling point.
You can also benefit in many ways from volunterring for ASHI Committees, Council of Representatives, mentoring, chapter events, writing articles for the Reporter. Working with other members helps your network and builds your business!
To fill out a volunteer form, please visit: http://www.homeinspector.org/files/membersonly/docs/call_for_volunteers.pdf.