The entire Membership can read ASHI news each month when “First Thing” is posted on ashi.com in the Members Only section. Look for the latest copy the first day of each month. The Web site remains the quickest, most convenient and by far the most cost effective method of communication. Legislative Guidebook now online!
Continuing its efforts to assist the Chapters in legislative activity, ASHI HQ now makes the Legislative Guidebook and ASHI Model Bill available online. To download a copy, simply go to the Members Only area of www.ashi.com, click on “ASHI Documents” and then “Legislative Guidebook” and “Model ASHI Legislation.” The appendix in the Guidebook, containing the 25 state laws, will soon be available as well as links to the states’
legislative Web sites. Call for subject matter experts
Each year, the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI) invites home inspectors to create new questions for the National Home Inspector Examination. As a subject matter expert, you will participate in the three-day item writing workshop on January 31 and February 1-2, and/or the test assembly workshop on April 12-13. Both workshops are held in Chicago and your travel, lodging and meal expenses are paid.
You will have an opportunity to learn with your peers, make new friends, and enhance the National Home Inspector Examination. If you would like to participate as a subject matter expert, print and submit the application form on EBPHI’s Web site at www.homeinspectionexam.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.orgBargains online
Standards of Practice are now available at significantly-reduced prices at the ASHI online store. And that’s not the only bargain. Check it out today at www.ashi.com!InspectionWorld incentives are yours for the taking
Take advantage of what InspectionWorld 2002 has to offer. ASHI is pleased to offer attendees the following incentives:
• Pre-registration and the special ASHI early bird Membership conference fee of $495 will be accepted through January 4, 2002. After this date, registrations will only be accepted on site.
• Special drawings for free conference registrations, hotel accommodations and more prizes will be held for attendees staying at the Hyatt Regency, New Orleans.
• If you need to take the Member exams, you can do so on Thursday, January 17, 2002 at InspectionWorld (Separate registration – Call 800-274-8359.)Important Dates
• December 8, 2001, Committee leadership workshop, Chicago, Ill.
• January 12, 2002, COR meeting, 1-7 pm, New Orleans, La.
• January 13, 2002, Board of Directors meeting, New Orleans, La.
• January 14-16, 2002, InspectionWorld, New Orleans, La.
• January 17, 2002, ASHI exams at InspectionWorld, New Orleans, La.
• April 19-20, 2002, Board of Directors meeting and orientation, Chicago Ill.
• July 12-13, 2002, Board of Directors meeting and town hall gathering, Ariz.
• October 25, 2002, Chapter Leadership Day, Chicago, Ill.
• October 26, 2002, Board of Directors meeting, Chicago, Ill.
• January 15, 2003, Board of Directors meeting, Orlando, Fla.