With your dues renewal notice came the good news announcement that early renewers are eligible again this year to win a free full registration to InspectionWorld Atlanta. The names of all members who renew by September 1 will be placed in the drawing. Three will win IW registrations.
Renew now to keep your membership benefits intact and to have a chance in the Early Renewal Prize Drawing.
It's All About Education
Between ASHI, Inc. and ASHI Education, Inc., home inspector education has never been better.
ASHI: There's still time to get the continuing education hours you'll need to report when you renew your membership.
• Smart Track online learning is free to ASHI members. Each ASHI member has been assigned a login and password to access the program through the ASHI website under Education & Training. If you do not have login information, contact Michele George at 847- 954-3188.
• Smart Track chapter modules offer a more in depth study of some of the topics covered in the online program. Ready-to-deliver chapter modules can be downloaded by designated chapter leaders. To register, contact Michele George, 847-954-3188.
• Chapter seminars offer ASHI members a convenient way to earn CEs. One chapter seminar is featured on the inside front cover of this issue; others are listed on the ASHI website under Education.
Members are responsible for documenting their continuing education hours and for providing evidence, if audited. Be sure to ask for a certificate from all seminars, including those hosted by chapters, and be prepared to complete your annual form or respond to an audit.
Questions? Contact Sarah Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-954-3180.
ASHI Education, Inc.:
The ASHI Schoolis participating with select ASHI chapters in an effort to "get the word out" about the educational opportunities that are available — or are becoming available — both for live pre-licensing training and continuing education and specialty training courses. More to come.
For a schedule of current classes, visit www.TheASHISchool.com.
The ASHI@Home Training System continues to be a go-to resource for both those entering the profession and those seeking rewarding experiences as they earn continuing education credits. For more information, visit the ASHI website, Education and Training, or call 800-268-7070, ext. 251.
Talking about education: Plan now for IW
If you'd like a sneak peek at why you should plan to attend InspectionWorld in Atlanta, Ga., January 25-28, 2011, go to www.inspectionworld.org.
There are 45 courses in the Inspection Essentials, Beyond Essentials, Advanced Learning, Specialization/Diversification and Business Management tracks.
All courses are eligible for ASHI CE credits, and many will also satisfy state licensing or certification requirements. Full conference and conference education registrants will receive 20 ASHI CE credits.
InspectionWorld 2011 Exhibitor Prospectus
Potential sponsors and exhibitors have received the prospectus for InspectionWorld 2011. If you know of someone who should be exhibiting at IW Atlanta, send that information to Bill Lewis, email@example.com. Exhibitor information can be found here.
ASHI Reporter revamp
Your ASHI Reporter is undergoing a redesign. Look forward to seeing the revitalized magazine in October. New rate cards are being distributed.
The current issue and eight years of archived issues continue to be just a click away at www.ASHIReporter.org.
If you know of someone who should be advertising with ASHI, please share that information with Sandy Bourseau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-954-3179.
Current ASHI Membership
ASHI Certified Inspectors: 3,542
Retired Members: 111
ASHI Calendar of Events
• Oct. 21-22, 2010, Leadership Training Conference, Rosemont, Ill.
• Oct 23, 2010, Board Meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
• Jan. 25-28, 2011, InspectionWorld, Atlanta, Ga.
• Jan. 4-7, 2012, InspectionWorld, Phoenix, Ariz.
• Jan. 13-16, 2013, InspectionWorld, Las Vegas, Nev.