Could other chapters learn from your chapter’s successes and challenges? Chapter presidents are encouraged to submit a report of the great things their chapters accomplished in 2007, as well as the problems that they are working to overcome. The report must reach Bob Kociolek (email@example.com) by April 30 to be included in a summary of ASHI chapter activities.
ASHI begins Continuing Education audit
The annual Continuing Education (CE) audit is under way, per ASHI Policy and Procedure 22.10.
Individuals to be audited were notified in January and received instructions on how to provide the documentation of the CE hours submitted last fall during the dues renewal.
In accordance with ASHI’s Policy and Procedures, a percentage of the membership (those required to submit CEs) was selected at random to provide us with proof/documentation of their submitted hours.
Those who are contacted but do not submit documentation by the February deadline will be placed on Administrative Suspension and cannot be returned to active status until proper documentation of CEs is provided.
If you are among those randomly selected for the audit, please respond promptly. Questions? Contact Sarah Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-954-3180.
Search for new executive director
A task force comprised of ASHI officers is working with a professional search company, Transition Guides, to fill the open ASHI executive director position. To view the job posting, visit the company’s Web site at www.transitionguides.com. It is anticipated that members of the task force will continue interviewing prospects through the early part of 2008, with the expectation of hiring and having in place a new executive director in the spring. The task force is committed to finding a person who will bring experience, energy and
enthusiasm to the position.
Welcome Mark Lester
Russell Daniels, ASHI director of operations and fulfillment, has hired a new part-time fulfillment and administrative assistant. Mark Lester can be contacted at email@example.com or 847-954-3176.
CEs available through chapter seminars
Chapter seminars offer the ASHI membership a convenient way to earn required CE hours. Some are listed in Education Corner, and others can be found on the list of all CE-approved seminars posted on the ASHI Web site.
ASHI membership as of 12/26/07
ASHI Certified Inspectors: 3,443
ASHI Associates with Logo Use: 172
ASHI Associates: 1,297
ASHI Retired Members: 127
Total Membership: 5,147
(Subject to change during approval process)
- Feb. 19, 2008, First quarter Committee Chairs conference call, 7 p.m. CST
- Mar. 18, 2008, Deadline for Committee Work Plan Status Reports
- Mar. 26, 2008, Board books mailed
- April 11, 2008, Board orientation, Rosemont, Ill.
- April 12, 2008, Board meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- May 13, 2008, Second quarter Committee Chairs conference call, 7 p.m. CST
- June 18, 2008, Deadline for Committee Work Plan Status Reports
- June 26, Board books mailed
- July 11, 2008, ASHI Town Hall meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- July 12, 2008, Board meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- Aug. 19, 2008, Third quarter Committee Chairs conference call, 7 p.m. CST
- Sept. 22, 2008, Deadline for Committee Work Plan Status Reports
- Oct. 1, 2008, Board books mailed
- Oct. 16-17, 2008, Leadership Training Conference, New Orleans, La.
- Oct. 18, 2008, Board meeting, New Orleans, La.
- Nov. 18, 2008, Fourth quarter Committee Chairs conference call, 7 p.m. CST
- Dec. 15, 2008, Deadline for Committee Work Plan Status Reports
- Dec. 29, 2008, Board books mailed
- Jan. 21, 2009, Board meeting, Orlando, Fla.
- Jan. 21-24, 2009, InspectionWorld, Orlando Fla.
- April 17, 2009, Board orientation, Rosemont, Ill.
- April 18, 2009, Board meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- July 17, 2009, ASHI Town Hall meeting, location TBD
- July 12, 2009, Board meeting, location TBD
- Oct. 22-23, 2009, Leadership Training Conference, Rosemont, Ill.
- Oct. 24, 2009, Board meeting, Rosemont, Ill.
- Jan. 17, 2010, Board meeting,Las Vegas, Nev
- Jan. 17-20, 2010, InspectionWorld, Las Vegas, Nev.