Enrichment, fun, camaraderie, rewards and $750 – The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award for Participation at InspectionWorld can mean that and more for the members of two chapters that finish at the top of their respective categories.
An ASHI Member has established this first-of-its-kind award because he attributes his personal success as a home inspector and the prosperity of his multi-inspector firm to the ideas and information acquired by regularly attending InspectionWorld.
The challenge begins now; the first rewards take place at InspectionWorld California, when chapters with the highest percentage of membership registration in two separate categories are recognized as the winners.
The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award has been funded by a donation of $15,000 to be invested by ASHI’s staff, and the proceeds used in accordance with these ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award guidelines:
1. The ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award shall be presented annually at InspectionWorld for ten years or however many years funds remain available, commencing with InspectionWorld 2007. The current ASHI President shall present to each winning ASHI chapter a Certificate of Appreciation and an award in the amount of $750.00. The awards shall be presented at the Annual Destination Luncheon, Business Meeting, and Awards Ceremony of InspectionWorld each year.
2. There shall be awards given for two approximately equal-sized categories. For the 2007 awards and beyond (unless changed by ASHI staff to recognize a new median for chapter size), the categories shall be (i) chapters with a membership of 30 or less, and (ii) chapters with a membership of 31 or more. The ASHI chapter in each category with the highest percentage of registration of its members (chapter members shall include ASHI full Members and ASHI Candidates) to attend InspectionWorld, as determined by the ASHI staff, shall each be awarded the ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award. The award shall be presented to the ASHI chapter president, if in attendance, the Council Representative, or other representative of the winning chapter.
3. The basis for the awards will be the total confirmed reservations for InspectionWorld for each chapter as of close of business December 31st preceding the date of InspectionWorld. Immediately thereafter, the ASHI staff shall compare the number of registrations for each chapter retrieved from registration forms with the total number of members of that chapter retrieved from the ASHI database, to determine the percentage of registration. In case of a tie, ASHI staff shall extend the calculation to the extent necessary to break a tie. If two chapters have identical percentages (e.g., 25 of 100 and 50 of 200), two awards will be given that year.
4. No chapter shall receive the $750.00 award more than once every three years. If an ASHI chapter that was awarded the ASHI Chapter Enterprise Award during the previous two-year period qualifies to receive the award for the current year, that chapter shall be recognized and given a Certificate of Appreciation. The ASHI chapter in that membership category with the second highest percentage of participation of its members at InspectionWorld shall also receive a Certificate of Appreciation and the $750.00 award.
5. The ASHI staff and the ASHI InspectionWorld Committee may use this award in pre-convention publicity, the ASHI Reporter and other materials to encourage participation by Members and Candidates, and to prompt the COR and the chapters to encourage their members to attend InspectionWorld.