As ASHI celebrates it’s 32nd anniversary, we looked back through the files to find ...
- ASHI was founded in White Plaines, N.Y., in 1976.
- The ASHI Reporter debuted in 1977.
- In 1981, ASHI got media coverage in Redbook Magazine, Woman’s World and Ladies Home Journal.
- The first consumer home inspection brochure was produced by ASHI in 1984.
- Founder Ron Passaro discussed home inspection on “Good Morning America” hosted by Joan Lunden in 1988.
- In 1993, ASHI relocated to the Chicago area and hired staff.
- The Council of Representatives was created and the board size was reduced in 1994.
- ASHI celebrated buying the HQ building in 1998, with Past-presidents Pat Casey, John Palczuk, Tommy Byrne and John Ghent in attendance.
- The ASHI Reporter debuted online in 2005. (www.ASHIReporter.org).
- ASHI has marked its 32nd anniversary in 2008 by adopting a new mission statement:
“To set and promote standards for property inspections and to provide the educational programs needed to achieve excellence in the profession.”
If there’s an ASHI milestone you’d like to share, please contact Sandy Bourseau, email@example.com. Photos are welcome.